Sunday, September 7, 2008

Getting Started


Wow, never thought I would ever be blogging..............but thought I would choose something close to my heart and is a huge passion of mine, which happens to be fitness and other related items of interest.



This is me in the Park to Park 10km fun run last month, I ranked 17 th from 266 entrants and 8 th from my age category. Not too bad of a result.

Most recently the Bridge to Briso yesterday 7/9/08 - no results have been posted yet, stay tuned. I will say that I had an awesome day and felt comfortable for the whole 10 km run.

I love to run, I may not be the fastest or the fittest out there but I give everything 100%, it is so empowering to use your own body to run as aposed to a riding a bike or rowing, your feet hitting the road km after km and then at then to cross the finish line.......well I feel like superwoman. I like to run every second day or at least runs each week with a long run on Sundays. Generally up to 15 km on Sundays, anyone want to join me for a long steady paced run?

Chat later............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you mad mad woman! sure your results for b2b will be fabulous. like the way you describe what running does for you. know it doesn't feel like that for me.